Discussion for tutorial Week 3

Assalamualaikum and good day to everyone. This is my submission of the Tutorial Activity for Week 3.

Today, all ELS students had been asked by Dr. Norizan to reproduced a printed advertisement using the computer and answer the question that had been given by using blog. So this is my work and my answers :)

But first, this is the actual advertisement that I had to reproduce:


*please click on the image for larger view.

The questions are:
  1. Procedure applied in completing the task.- What did you do first, second and until completion
  2. Where did you get the pictures from
  3. How did you format the advertisement
  4. How did you type
  5. Did you use any help tools to do: Spell check, Grammar check, Graphic Enhancement
  6. Did you get help from friends and others observation. 
  7. Are you a good typist, designer? 1 not good at all to 10 excellent 

This is the advertisement that I reproduced and here are my answers :)


*Click image for larger view please :)


  1. First of all, I chose the advertisement that I want to use and I decided to use the “Twilight Saga: New Moon” advertising for this project. Then I searched for the picture of the cast and MTV Logo on the internet. I also downloaded the “Twilight” font to use it as the main font. After that I started to edit using Adobe Photoshop CS4.
  2. For the image, I used Google Images to search for the Twilight New Moon and MTV image.
  3. Then, after that I saved the advertisement as jpeg (.jpg) which is regular format for image.
  4. For typing, I use both of my hands to type and usually use the first three fingers.
  5. For spell and grammar check I did not use any tools, I had to check whether my spelling is right or wrong since Adobe Photoshop cannot detect any spelling mistakes. While for Graphic Enhancement I used several tools in Adobe Photoshop such as Crop, Text, Blending options, color, blur and smudge tools.
  6. I did not get any help from friends and any observations.
  7. I can type well but then I am sure that I still can improve my typing from time to time so I think 7 over 10 would be suite me. As for designer, I rate myself 8.5 over 10 since I had many experiences in editing pictures or using other picture editing softwares. But then, I still look forward to improve myself more in the future.

That's all for now folks. thanks for viewing and have a nice day! :)

1 comments:

nur H.A.N.A samsudin said...

Nice!! Looks like a real ad ^_^
Should get some royalty for helping to advertize lol